Thursday, January 24, 2013

Ferry Update

Thank you to "The Most" for posting this on the  comment section:

I just called the Ice line _(810-748-3757) and the message was left at 3pm: it stated that there is ice piling up in front of the dock, and they will likely have to close "in the next hour or two or three" to let the ice set up. They anticipated being closed for about 4-6 hours so they could break a path afterwards.

No other information beyond that was provided.


When I first posted I had no other information other than David Bryson was going car to car telling people he was shutting down.  No time was given nor any other information.  I also called the office just now (5:20) and the message was the same as posted above.  I drove to the ferry around 5 PM and it was still running. 

If I hear anything pertinent, I will post it and please if anyone else hears or sees anything concrete, please comment.  Thanks.

1 comment:

The Most said...

I am waiting for the ferry right now. They just left the mainland with a full boat. There IS a lot of ice in the channel, but it is not moving. The ferry does not currently seem to be having a difficult time navigating the ice in the channel.